TP-Link Wi-Fi routers are although quite efficient in their working and other functionalities, however, there are some instances when the user faces a bit trouble with the routers i.e. slow network speed and lag in the live media streaming etc. Don’t worries we have got covered it all for the users. Just go through the entire section of our TP-Link router troubleshooting section and your router will be up to date with the new solutions.
TP-link routers tend to malfunction due to several inevitable reasons and those issues can be resolved easily through the solutions provided. The TP-Link router’s setup page needs to be accessed through its default IP address 192.168.1.1 or through its customized web domain www.tplinkwifi.net. This tplinkwifi.net web address is a user-friendly web link as it is easy to remember.
How to resolve the slow internet speed issue in TP-Link router through tplinkwifi.net
- The users first need to establish a secure wired or wireless connection between the router and the computer device.
- Then switch on the power supply adapter and wait for the router device to get into a stable state of the connection.
- Now, open the web browser of the PC and enter the web address tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of the browser.
- Proceed on with entering the login details of the router i.e. username and the password. Enter the login details that you have set or carry on with the default values which are an admin for both the fields.
- Upon successfully entering into the router setup page, just look out for the Advance system settings tab on the top menu pane and click it.
- Now click the WAN setup tab and select the MTU size tab under this section. After clicking the MTU size button, change its value from 1500 to 1400. It is to be noted that the MTU size value should not be lower than 1400 as it is the lowest value that you can keep.
- Click save and apply the changes tab and then click the reboot now tab to make all the changes done effectively. Also, it is of much importance that the router reboot at the end shouldn’t be interrupted in any case.
The slower speed of the wireless/wired network happens due to the packet data loss which in turn occurs due to the hardware damage to the Ethernet cables. This means that the connecting Ethernet cords of the router, modem and computer device might be torn or damaged due to mishandling or some other reasons.
Important– Therefore it is important to note that the Ethernet cables should be inserted properly into their designated ports with care. If the Ethernet or some other cables are inserted into the wrong ports, without any care and improperly, then there is a high probability of getting these cables damaged and that would, in turn, decrease the network speed of the router.
What else methods of connecting the router to the computer device can be utilized?
The TP-Link Wi-Fi routers as we know need to be connected to the computer system and that connection can be established through the Ethernet cords. But now let some other alternatives of connection come into light. The other methods except the Ethernet cable connection are listed below.
- Wi-Fi connection
- WPS mode of connection
WPS mode of connection
The WPS means the Wi-Fi protected setup method. There is a small button labeled as WPS located either at the top or bottom of the router. The users just need to push that WPS button on the router body after they have opened the wireless section of their computer system.
When the WPS button is pushed, it starts detecting the presence of available wireless devices but it gets connected only to the computer on which the WPS tab is selected. The WPS button works only within a certain range of distance.
Advantages of WPS connection
- The WPS mode of connection works only for the wireless networks that support the advanced and latest security keys.
- This means that the WPS method is much reliable, efficient, safe and secure for usage.
- Wi-Fi protected setup method is the fastest available wireless method of connecting your router and the computer device.
- As it is wireless, therefore, the wires will not be needed and the slower network speed issue will not happen due to the wear and tear of the Ethernet cables.
Disadvantages of WPS connection
There are no disadvantages of WPS mode of connection as such but still, some cautions have to be considered and those are listed below.
- The WPS connection is not compatible with the wireless routers that are still having the outdated security keys embedded in them for the safety.
- These old TP-Link routers use the WEP/WEP2 keys which are not present in the latest TP-Link routers now.
- Most of the users don’t synchronize with pushing of the WPS button on the router and simultaneously selecting the WPS tab in their wireless and internet section of the PC.
Unable to log in to the router portal through tplinkwifi.net
Don’t panic if you are not able to log in to the TP-Link wireless router through tplinkwifi.net web address. Although this issue doesn’t happen that often but still it can occur due to some inevitable circumstances, in that case, what you need to do is just switch to the other alternative of accessing the router’s admin setup page through the router’s default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.