TP Link provides a wide variety of networking hardware that are used in homes and small businesses as well. The TP link routers are capable of providing reliable Wi-Fi signals to a number of devices that are connected to the network. The TP Link routers need to be logged in in order to get access to the advanced features of the router and to configure and manage the network as well. The TP Link routers can be logged in using www.tplinkwifi.net to access the router’s login page. Whenever the settings need to be changed, the user first has to login to the router’s login page using tplinkwifi.net. After logging in, the user has to put in the default information to access the router. The users were finding it troublesome remembering the default IP addresses for their TP Link routers. So TP Link offered a solution, it made their routers preconfigured to use www.tplinkwifi.net in place of the default IP addresses. The router recognizes the domain name and automatically redirects the router to its default IP address.
What is www.tplinkwifi.net?
The domain name tplinkwifi.net is used to login to the TP Link routers. Earlier the login process included the default IP addresses for the routers but it was a little difficult for the users to find their router’s default IP address so TP Link re configured their routers to use the web address www.tplinkwifi.net instead. Only after logging in to the router can the user get access to the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network, Parental Controls, to change the username and password for their router, to update the firmware on the router and more. The firmware is the software that runs the hardware on the router. It needs to be updated regularly in order for the router to work perfectly. A firmware update ensures that the router is up to date with the latest media devices as well. So when the user wishes to buy a new media device, an updated firmware ensures that the router is able to connect the new media device. This way, the user doesn’t have to go around buying new media devices every time they wish to buy a new media device. Also, one of the main concerns of a firmware update is to enhance the security on the router.
All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the banking information of the router, their emails and passwords, their private information and more. So it is very important to update the firmware of the router. It can be updated via the web based setup page that can be accessed through www.tplinkwifi.net web address.
The router when taken out of the box needs to be setup and logged in so that the user can go on to configure the settings of the router. To setup the router, the user should have Ethernet cables for the first time as a wireless connection during the setup might damage the router and corrupt it as well.
Here, we will help you with the TP Link router setup, login the router via tplinkwifi.net setup, reset the router, change the username and password and to update the firmware on the router as well.
How to setup the TP Link router via tplinkwifi.net
There are some prerequisites required for the setup. They are:
- A desktop computer.
- Ethernet cables for the connections to be made.
- A working internet connection.
Here are the steps to setup the TP Link router via tplinkwifi.net:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router. Make sure the connections are proper on both ends.
- Now, switch off the router and turn it back on after a few seconds so that it can finish booting up.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkfwifi.net in the address bar. A login page will display.
- When the login page displays, it will prompt you to type in the default username and password. The default username and password are both “admin” for most of the TP Link routers. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started and follow the on screen instructions to personalize your network.
How to login to the TP Link router via tplinkwifi.net web address
- Connect the desktop computer to the router that you wish to log in to using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, open up a web browser on the same device and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Hit enter.
- The login page will now display. It will prompt you for the default username and password.
- The default username and password for most of the TP Link routers is “admin” for both cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
If the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the default password. Try logging in with any other previously set passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset to restore it back to its factory default settings. After the router has been reset, the user can log in to the router using the default information.
How to reset the TP Link router via tplinkwifi.net
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router. It will be a very small hole labeled as “Reset”.
- Now, using a small paper clip or something similar press and hold the button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after holding it for ten seconds. The router will take about one or two minutes to reset back to its factory default settings.
After the router has been reset, the LED lights will start flashing. That means the router has been reset.
How to change the username and password for your TP Link router via tplinkwifi.net page
The user should change the username and password for their router once they have logged in to their router for the first time. And the user should keep in mind not to put up any personal information on the router name as other computers can see the username SSID of your router. Here are the steps to change the username and password for TP Link router:
- Open up a web browser on a computer that is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and hit enter. A login page will display.
- Enter the default username and password for your router. The username and password are “admin” for both cases.
- After logging in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started.
- You will now see a Wireless Network Name field. In this field, you can enter a new username for your network.
- Under that, you will see the Wireless Security tab. In front of Wireless password, you can fill the desired password for your network. Make sure that you don’t share your personalized password with just anybody except the people you wish to share it with.
- Click Next. Then click Finish.
You will now be disconnected from your network. You can now login to your network with any device using the new username and password and go on to start using the internet as you desire.
How to update the firmware on your TP Link router via login page tplinkwifi.net
- Open the internet browser and download the latest firmware of your router from the TP Link support website.
- Save the file to the desired location. Make sure the model number of your router is correct.
- Now, open up a web browser and type tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter.
- You will be prompted for the default username and password. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- The Quick Setup will appear once you have logged in. Click System Tools.
- You will see a Firmware option on the left side. Click Browse.
- Locate the previously downloaded file from its location and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to start the firmware upgrade process. It usually takes a couple of minutes for the firmware upgrade to finish. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the router will reboot itself.
It is advised as not to interrupt the upgrade process or to upgrade the wrong firmware as it may corrupt the router and render it useless. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router and personalize the settings as they desire.
TP-Link router allows you to log in into your router using tplinkwifi.net. You can control and manage the TP-Link router after logging into the router. Alternatively, you can use the Tether app to control and access the router. You can install this app very easily on your mobile devices from the app store or play store.
Steps To login into web management utility of TP-Link wireless router?
You can log in into the management page from desktop, mobile, and tablet as well.
You can follow the below mentioned instructions to log in into your wireless routers:
- Wireless: Connect to your TP-Link wireless network. You can find the wireless network name from the label of your router and connect it with the wireless password.
- Wired: Connect your Ethernet cable to one of the LAN port on the back label of your router.
- Open a web browser of your choice and enter http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- Enter default username and password in the given fields.
- The default username and password is admin.
- Enter the updated username and password if you have already changed it.
Once you have successfully logged in the router, you can alter the router settings like Wi-Fi password, network name etc.
Note: The default username and password are case-sensitive.
Why I am not able to log in into the web management utility of the TP-Link router?
There can be various reasons behind this issue, you can try the following troubleshoots to fix this issue:
Step 1: Physical connection
- The web-management of TP-Link devices is the built-in internal web server.
- It does not require any internet access but requires a physical connection between the TP-Link router and device.
- For wired connection, plug your computer to the LAN port of by cable.
- Make sure that the LAN LED connector lit up.
- Some TP-Link devices don’t have a LAN port; in that case, you need to connect to the wireless network.
Step 2: IP Connection
- Your computer must have an IP from the TP-Link device to be able to access the web management page.
- Most of the devices have a DHCP connection, which means that the device will get the IP automatically.
- In case, your device doesn’t get the IP automatically then you need to assign the IP manually.
Step 3: Browser Settings
- Input the router’s IP address instead of the search bar.
Step 4: Firewall and Anti-Virus
- Sometimes firewall or anti-virus on your computer will block the access of your router.
- Closing the firewall or anti-virus will fix this issue.
How I can view the system log of the TP-Link router?
You can follow the below mentioned instructions to view the system log of the TP-Link router:
- Open the web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication screen.
- The default username and password is admin.
- Go to System Tools – System Log.
- If you want, you can also save the log into a document.
I am able to see other networks, but can’t find my network on the list?
- Check the WLAN indicator on your wireless router and make sure it is flashing.
- Check the Wi-Fi button and make sure that it is enabled.
- Check if you have disabled SSID broadcast, if hide SSID is enabled you can’t find the network.
- Make sure that your router is within the range of the computer.
- Check wireless setting and check whether the country/region is selected properly.
I am able to find my wireless network but I can’t connect to it?
Issue 1: Password Mismatch issue
- Sometimes when you log in into the router for the first time, it will ask you to enter the PIN. The PIN is different from the network password. You can find the PIN from the back of your router.
Issue 2: Window is unable to connect to xxx/ can’t join this network/ taking longer than usual to connect to this network
There can be many reasons for this issue:
- Check the wireless signal strength of your router. If it is between 1~3, then try fixing this issue by moving your devices closer to the router.
- Check the wireless settings on your router. Make sure that MAC Filtering or Access Control is not enabled.
- Try fixing this issue by changing the channel of the router.
- Alter the wireless security encryption and width to 20MHz.
- Try connecting using the WPS button.
- Update or re-install the driver of your wireless adapter.