How to Improve my Tp-Link Router Speed or Range?
How to Improve my Tp-Link Router Speed or Range? – To improve the wireless speed or range, it’s highly recommended to figure on the subsequent common solutions:-
- Choosing the best Location
- Optimizing configuration of the device
- Upgrade the equipment
Symptom:-Weak wireless signal showed, as well as low wireless speed or range.
Cause:-The factors most frequently affecting the wireless signal:
1) Intrinsic factors: •Transmission Distance:-
Regarding the wireless device particularly performing on 5GHz band, it’ll be more sensitive to the obstacle. Though there’ll be more clear channels than those of two .4GHz bands, the wireless signal are going to be reduced significantly and transmit in shorter range thanks to higher frequency.
- Omni-directional antennas and directional antennas
- Hence Omni-directional antennas are resembled in our home products like wireless router or wireless ADSL2+ Modem Routers, they radiate horizontally all around, but are weaker upward or downward.
- While the directional antennas radiate strongly in a particular direction which are usually used for high power outdoor products. The gain of an antenna increases, also with the coverage distance, but the effective coverage angle decreases. Generally, the upper gain value of an antenna, the higher directional ability is going to be .
For directional antennas, the lobes are pushed during a certain direction and tiny energy is there on the rear side of the antenna. This Phenomenon going to be more significant once you deploy the High-Gain antenna, so we recommend that to verify precisely on horizon direction otherwise there will be unexpected dramatic signal loss.
Wireless communication performance:-Higher transmission rates, better performance
2) Extrinsic factors-
– Physical Barriers, like wall or clapboard then on;
– Other similar devices and other sources like microwave ovens, cordless phones or other technologies that use an equivalent band as Bluetooth
– There are quite one AP or wireless routers working within the same Channel.
– The situation where an AP or wireless router is placed. You’d better to put the device at a better location to scale back the barrier’s counter check.
Solution: Choosing the best location:-
1) Antennas should be positioned for best location as well as direction:-
- Deploy the antenna in good location and proper angle, and also confirm your wireless client devices are within the coverage;
- For multi-story buildings Tp-link router coverage, we recommend placing antennas at 45 degrees (diagonally) or 0 degrees (straight out parallel to the floor) which will be more effective. As well as the antennas always transmit weakly at the bottom, don’t place your wireless client device at the rock bottom of TP-Link wireless router or access point.
2) Try best to avoid the extrinsic interference:-
- Avoiding the physical interference in the Tp-link wireless router coverage, each wall or ceiling will have a negative effect on wireless radio particularly the ones built by solid metal material.
- Keep your device faraway from various electromagnetic noise sources that generate RF noise, like microwaves, Monitors, electric motors, copying and fax machines, etc.
Optimize configuration of the device:-
– For TP-Link router products, we recommend to do corresponding settings to avoid the interference from other networking and radio frequency equipment.
Hence we take TL-WR1043ND user interface as an example and then please go to Wireless->Wireless settings and change the channel settings, as well as the default value is Auto and hence we recommend select 1, 6 or 11 if you suffer high wireless interference.
Upgrade the equipment:-
– If you would like to possess an enormous improvement immediately and boost the wireless throughput, you’ll also prefer to upgrade a mixture of antennas or other wireless equipment to enhance the wireless transmission;
– Hence if you are in a congestion wireless environment, the wired connection can be taken into consideration and the Tp-Link Power line Equipments is a good alternative.