Connect the Hardware
If your Internet connection is through an coaxial cable from the wall rather than through a DSL / Cable / Satellite modem, connect the coaxial cable on to the router’s Internet port, then follow steps 5 and 6 to finish the hardware connection
- Install the antennas
- Close up the modem, and take away the backup battery if it’s one.
- Connect the modem to the web port on your router with a coaxial cable .
- Activate the modem, then wait about 2 minutes for it to restart.
- Turn on the router.
- Verify that the subsequent LEDs are on and solid before continuing with the configuration.
Configure via Web Browser:-
- As well as connect your computer to the router (Wired or Wireless):-
- Wired:- close up the Wi-Fi on your computer and connect the devices.
- Wireless:- Use the default wireless network name (SSID) and password printed on the merchandise label on the rear panel of the router to attach wirelessly.
Configure the router with a web browser:-
- Enter http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar of a web browser. As well as use admin for both username and password, then click Login.
- Select your region and time zone, and click next.
- Select your WAN Connection Type, or click Auto Detect if you are unsure of what your connection type is. Click next and follow the instructions.
- Use the default or change the wireless settings, and click next.
- Confirm your settings and then click Save to continue or back to make changes.
- Test your Internet connection, then click Finish to quit the Quick Setup.
Configure via Tether App:-
TP-LINK’s Tether app lets you conveniently access your router:-
1.View information about the clients on your network.
2.Block network access from specific users or devices.
3.Set up Parental Control with access time and content restrictions.
4.Change the basic wireless network settings easily.
How to start:-
- Scan your QR code to download the TP-LINK Tether app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- As well as ensure your smart device is wirelessly connected to the home network.
- Hence launch the Tether app and start managing your home network.
Hence use the USB ports for media sharing, storage sharing and printer sharing across your local network. You can also find out an FTP server to access your files remotely through the web .
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What am i able to do if the login window doesn’t appear?
- If the computer is set to a static or fixed IP address, change the setting to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Verify if http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 is correctly entered in the web browser. Alternatively, enter http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser.
- Use another web browser and try again.
- Reboot your router and try again.
- Disable and enable the network adapter in use again.
What am i able to do if I cannot access the Internet?
- As well as check if the Internet is working properly by connecting a computer directly to the modem via an Ethernet. If it’s not, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Open a web browser, enter http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 and run the setup again. 3. Reboot your router and try again.
- Hence for cable modem users, reboot the modem first. As well as the problem still exists, log into the Web Management page of the router, and go to Advanced > Network > MAC Clone, click Clone MAC Address and then click Save.
How do I restore your router to its factory default settings?
- While the router is powered on, press and hold the Reset/WPS button on the back until the LED blinks.
- Log into the Web Management page of the router, and go to Advanced > System Tools > Factory Defaults, click Restore. The router will restore and reboot automatically.
What can I do if I forgot my Web Management password?
Reset the router, and then use the default admin (all lowercase) for both username and password to log in.