No wonder LED of the Tp-link AC3150 Wi-fi router can also be controlled through the web management source of the tplinkwifi.net, but it is eventually possible through the Night feature embedded within the router. The new feature of controlling the LED allows the user to enable or disable the Night mode in the LED of the router. With the ability of this feature, the user enables or disables the blinking of the Tp-link AC3150 Wi-Fi router for the specific time duration.
- Visit the browser of the desktop and type www.tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the explorer you are using.
- Login to the web interface of the tplinkwifi.net through the Tp link Router login window.
- Go to the advanced tab, and then select System tools tab and at last click on the LED control tab.
- In the LED control section, tick the checkbox of “Enable Night mode” to trigger the Night mode in your Tp-link 3150 Wi-Fi router.
- Now, you need to specify the time duration of the Night mode period as it will determine the period for which the LED will remain off.
- Click on the save button and the settings will get eventually saved.
How to perform the firmware update in Tp-link AC3150 Gigabit Wi-Fi router?
Steps to perform the firmware update in Tp-link AC3150 Wi-Fi router
Firmware Upgrade process essentially is a prominent step towards the improvement in the performance level of the router. The update process of the firmware enhanced the security level of the router which helps in eliminating the bugs and malicious threats from the router. In order to maintain the efficiency or performance level of the router, the router should be updated regularly whenever any update is available.
- First of all, you have to visit the downloading center of the tplinkwifi.net in order to download the firmware for your Tp-link AC3150 router.
- Once you have downloaded the file, unzip it and extract the downloaded file.
- Then to upload the downloaded file of the firmware, you need to interact with the web interface of the tplinkwifi.net
- Open up the browser on your desktop and type www.tplinkwifi.net on the web address of the browser. Type 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the browser, if you are encountering with the connection error through www.tplinkwifi.net.
- The Tp-link router login page will appear on the screen.
- Mention the credentials within their specific fields. Type “admin” on the username field as the default username and mention “password” on the password field only if you haven’t assigned any password to the login window.
- After mentioning the appropriate credentials on the login window, hit on the login button.
- Now, go to the advanced tab of the menu dashboard, then select the System tools tab and at last click on the Firmware Upgrade tab.
- To verify that you have downloaded the correct firmware file or not, you can check the device information section by checking that the firmware file you have downloaded is matching with the Hardware version or not.
- Once you have properly checked out the system information, you need to go to the manual Upgrade section. Click on the Browse button to locate the downloaded firmware file. Once you locate the file, select it and open it up to initialize the installation of the upgrade method.
- The update process will take around 2 minutes depending upon the speed of your Wi-Fi. Once the update process is completed, the router will itself restart and come to a stable stage.
How to set up Local Management service within the Tp-link AC3150 Router?
Steps to set up Local Management service within the Tp-link AC3150 router
- Visit your browser of the desktop and type www.tplinkwifi.net as the URL.
- The Tp-link router login page appears on the screen.
- Log in to the default gateway of the router. Mention the default credentials within the login window. Type “admin” on the username field as the default username and also type the password you applied earlier on the login window of the tplinkwifi.net
- Now, keep the port field as the default one. Enter the IP or MAC address of the device you want to allow accessing or controlling you router. Keep one thing in mind that the IP address you are using of the local device must fall in the same subnet list in which the IP address of the router is falling.
- If you want to allow all the local devices to manage the router, then you have to leave the IP address field blank.
- Click on the save button to apply the settings you made. After applying the above settings, only those devices, the IP address of which you have mentioned are capable of accessing or manage the router.