How do I TP-link TL-WA801ND Access Point and Repeater Installation? – Before the installation of the TP-link TL-WA801ND Access point and repeater, you must know the operation mode for which you are using this particular device.
The access point mode is the default mode installed and set up to transform your wired network cable connection to a wireless one.
The repeater mode is the setting up of TP-link TL-WA801ND in the range extender mode for repeating of the wireless signals in the wifi dead zone.
TP-link TL-WA801ND Installation in Bridge with AP mode allows set up of multiple LAN networks linked to single network making use of wireless network connections instead of wired cable connections.
Installation in the Client mode allows connection setup of the wired devices with no wireless capability to the internet network wirelessly using TP-link TL-WA801ND in client mode.
The multi-SSID mode setup and TP-link TL-WA801ND Installation lets you connect the devices to separate wireless or wifi networks with different VLANs.
TP-link TL-WA801ND installation in Access Point (AP) mode:
- Connect the TP-link TL-WA801ND access point with the home wired router using the Ethernet cable at the Ethernet ports.
- The home router must be previously set up to a stable internet connection to a modem.
- Using the power adapter, connect the TP-link TL-WA801ND access point to the power outlet.
- Power on the TP-link TL-WA801ND access point and let the status power LED as well as wireless LED be lit.
- Using the default wireless settings of the TP-link TL-WA801ND access point, connect your devices to its wifi network.
- The default SSID and password could be located printed on the access point’s label.
- Launch a web browsing window on your device wirelessly connected to TP-link TL-WA801ND access point’s network.
- Navigate to tplinkap.net as default domain address for TP-link login.
- On the TP-link login page of TP-link TL-WA801ND access point, use “admin” as both username and password in respective fields for TPlinklogin.
- Click on the Click Setup tab on the TP-link setup/configuration screen.
- Choose the Access Point mode.
- Click on the Next option.
- Follow the step by step onscreen instructions to complete the TP-link TL-WA801ND access point network configuration and tplinkwifi.net setup.
- When prompted, change the default SSID and password from admin to strong alphanumeric characters for wireless network security of TP-link TL-WA801ND access point.
- Reconnect all the previously connected wireless devices to the new assigned SSID and password.
What if www.tplinkrepeater.net is not accessible for TP-link repeater setup?
- Check if you are receiving a stable internet connection which might cause hindrance in accessing tplinkrepeater.net.
- Next, check wire c properly cable connections or wireless settings connecting devices.
- Use another web browser to access tplinkreptear.net for tplink login.
- Ultimately, try to reset the TP-link repeater to factory default settings and then access tplinkrepeater.net with default login password.
What if I am getting slow internet network speed after installing and connecting to TP-link repeater’s wifi?
- Avoid assigning the same SSID or network name for TP-link AP or repeater as the source router and create separate names.
- Check the network status of the TP-link AP or repeater wifi signal as indicated by LED; weak signals suggest repositioning of the TP-link repeater close to the TP-link router.
- Take the speed test to ensure if the wireless repeater’s signal strength is strong and recommended. Otherwise, reposition the repeater or AP three meters far from the source router.
What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Access Point?
- Try to reset the TP-link access point by pushing down and holding the reset button on the AP until all the status LEDs turn on stably.
- Power cycle your TP-link AP by unplugging the AP from the power outlet and then re-plugging and powering it on.
What to do if my wireless network is not stable?
- This could be possibly due to signal interference; change the wireless channel to a different channel by accessing the wireless settings through TP-link login (via tplinkap.net or tplinkrepeater.net ) into the web based management page.
- Also, position the access point or range extender to a new location away from Electronic or Bluetooth devices to minimize wireless signal interference.
What if I am unable to access the web management page of the access point?