How I can set up my TP-LINK ARCHER-C4500?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to set up TP-LINK ARCHER-C4500:
- Position your router.
- If your internet connection is through Ethernet cable, connect the Ethernet port directly to the router’s internet port.
- Power off the modem and remove the battery backup if it has one.
- Connect your modem to the internet port on your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Power off the modem and then wait for 2 min to restart it.
- Power off the router.
- Make sure that the following LED lights are on:
- 4 GHz
- 5 GHz-1
- 5 GHz-2
- If all the LEDs are off then press the on/off button again and check the LED lights again.
- If 2.4 GHz, 5GHz-1, 5GHz-2 are off then press the Wi-Fi button for 2 seconds.
- Now, connect your computer to the router.
Method 1: Wired
- Power off the modem and connect the devices.
- Connect wirelessly using the network name and Wireless PIN given on the back side of your router.
Method 3: Use the WPS button
- Wireless devices that support WPS can be connected to the router using WPS button.
- Click on the WPS button on the device’s screen.
- Press the WPS button on the router immediately.
How I can log in into my TP-Link ARCHER-C4500?
You can log in to your TP-Link ARCHER-C4500 router using http://tplinkwifi.net or 192.1681.0.1. You can follow the below-mentioned instructions to log in into your TP-Link router:
- Open a web browser of your choice from a computer or devices that are connected to your router’s network.
- Enter http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication screen.
- Type the default credentials if you have not updated or personalized yet.
- The default credentials for the username is admin
- The default password is admin.
- Enter the value of username and password in respective fields.
- Hit enter.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the Basic Home Page.
How I can set up the internet connection for TP-Link ARCHER-C4500?
You can follow the below-mentioned instructions to connect your router to the internet.
Method 1: Quick Setup
- Open a web browser and type http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- Follow the above-mentioned instructions to log in into your router.
- Once you have logged in and have access to your router’s Dashboard.
- Click QUICK SETUP on the upper side of the page.
- Select region and time zone from the drop-down list.
- Click next to continue.
- Click AUTO DETECT and router will detect the connection type automatically.
- You can also choose the connection type manually.
- If you use DSL line and only provided by account name and password then choose PPPoE.
- If you are using fiber cable then choose Dynamic IP.
- If you are provided with the default gateway, subnet mask then choose Static IP.
- In case of the auto detect, the router will automatically choose the dynamic IP.
- Click next to continue.
- Configure your wireless settings.
- Click next.
- Confirm the information and click saves.
- Now, click on Test Internet Connection type, if you have successfully connected to the internet. Success screen will display.
- Now, your computer and Wi-Fi can connect to the internet.
Method 2: Manually configuring your internet settings
- Open an internet browser of your choice and type http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- Hit enter.
- It will open a login authentication screen.
- Enter the default credentials.
- Click ok or Log in.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the Dashboard screen.
- Click on Basic – Internet.
- Select your internet connection type from the drop-down list.
- If you choose Dynamic IP then you need to choose whether to clone the MAC address or not.
- If you choose Static IP, then enter the information provided by your ISP in the provided fields.
- If you choose PPPoE, then enter the username and password provided by your ISP.
- If you choose L2TP, then enter the username and password provided by your ISP and choose the secondary connection.
- If you choose PPTP, then enter the username and password provided by your ISP and choose the secondary connection.
- Click on save button to save the settings
- Once the connection is established, a success screen will display.
How I can update TP-Link ARCHER-C4500 firmware?
TP-Link ARCHER-C4500 router firmware
- Go to the TP-Link official website.
- In the search bar, enter TP-Link ARCHER-C4500.
- Choose the corresponding hardware.
- Click on the firmware.
- It will display a list of available firmware.
- Select download to download the firmware.
- Once the firmware is successfully downloaded, go to the bottom-left corner of your window and go to download.
- Select the recently downloaded file and unzip it.
- Log in into the router web management utility page.
- Click on System Tools-firmware upgrade.
- Tap on browser/choose file to find the extracted firmware file
- Click open.
- Click the upgrade button.
- Once the device is upgraded, it will reboot automatically.
- The status section will show whether the router’s firmware has been upgraded or not.
- Generall, the firmware upgrade process will restore your router to default settings.
- In that scenario, you can run Quick Set up wizard to configure your TP-Link router.
How I can set up a guest network on TP-Link ARCHER-C4500?
A guest network allows you to create a guest network and provide Wi-Fi access to visitors without disclosing your main network. When you have a guest in your home or workplace you can create a guest network for them and can even decide what bandwidth of your main network they can access.
You can follow the below mentioned instructions to create a guest network for TP-Link ARCHER-C4500:
- Open the web browser of your choice and type http://tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.1.1 in the web browser.
- Type the default login credentials in the login authentication screen.
- Once you have successfully logged in into the router, go to Guest network.
- Enable the guest network function.
- Create a network name that you want for your guest network.
- Select the security type from the given option.
- Create the password for the guest network access.
- Select schedule from the access time drop-down list.
- Customize it for the guest network.
- Click on the save button to make your settings effective.
How to set up parental control of TP-Link ARCHER-C4500?
- Log in into your TP-Link router using the above mentioned instructions.
- Click on Basic or Advanced – Parental control.
- Enable Parental control.
- Tab on Add.
- Tab on the View device and select the device you want to control.
- Type the device name or MAC address.
- Tap on the clock icon to set the effective time.
- Enter a description for the entry.
- Click on the checkbox to enable this entry.
- Click on the Ok button.
- Select the restriction mode.
- In blacklist mode, the devices will not be able to get access to the website containing the specific keyword during the effective time period.
- In white list mode, the devices will be able to get access to the website containing the specific keyword during the effective time period.
- Tap on Add a new keyword.
- You can add up to 200 words to both the list.
- If you want to block or control all the internet access, do not add any keyword to a white list.
- Type the keywords or website you want to block.
- Tap on the save button.
How I can change the router admin password of my TP-Link ARCHER-C4500?
It is recommended to change the router admin password so that no one can log in into your router using default information and can access the router’s personal information.
Let’s see how we can change the router admin password of my TP-Link ARCHER-C4500:
- Open a web browser of your choice from a computer or device that is connected to the router’s network.
- Type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the web address.
- Hit enter
- Type the default credentials for username and password in the respective fields.
- The default value for the username is admin.
- The default password is admin.
- Hit enter.
- If you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the Dashboard screen.
- On the Home Page, select System Tools.
- Under System Tools, select
- It will open up a new screen
- This window shows up different text fields like:
- Old username
- New username
- Old password
- New password
- Confirm the password.
- Enter the respective information.
- Press on the save button to save the settings.
- When you will click on the save button, a login screen will pop up again.
- Enter the personalized credentials that you have created and press login.
Why http://tplinkwifi.net is not responding
You can follow the below mentioned troubleshoots to fix this issue:
- The issue can be because of the wrong IP address.
- Every router is not accessible using 168.1.1 IP address.
- Check all the hardware connections properly; you may not have connected to the router properly.
- It can also be because of the admin page; in some case the admin page is disabled.
- Try logging into your router using different browsers to check that browser that you are using is not creating an issue.
- Go to the command prompt in the bottom-left corner of your computer and ping 192.168.1.1. Wait for a few seconds, you will get a reply “pinging from 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes 32…” or request timeout.
- If you get a reply issue is likely with your router, in that case, you can try to get access to your router admin using a different router.
- You can also try connecting the router using the cable.
- Power off the Wi-Fi network for a few minutes.
- Push the button on the back of the router for a few seconds and check if the LED is off.
- Now you will get access to the setup page.
- Click on access management.
- Disable UPNP.
- Save and activate.
- Push the button on the back of the router again to enable the Wi-Fi.
- If these options do not work out.
- You can try fixing this issue by resetting the router.
How I can update the password of my wireless network?
It is a very easy process to change the wireless password of your TP-Link ARCHER-C4500 router. The wireless password is always different from the router’s admin password as the wireless network password is used to connect your entire device to the main network.
Let’ see how we can change the password of Wi-Fi:
- Open a web browser of your choice from a computer or device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type 168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- It will open up a new screen that is for login authentication.
- Enter the default credentials if you have not changed or personalized the password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the BASIC home page.
- On the Home page, select
- Under wireless, select wireless settings.
- It will open a new screen.
- You can enter the name of your network according to your choice in front of the wireless network name.
- Click on the save button to make the settings effective.
- Click wireless security under
- It will open up a new screen.
- This page contains different options for e.g.
- Disable security
- WPA/WPA-2 – Personal(Recommended)
- WPA/WAP-2- Enterprise
- Choose WPA/WPA-2 – Personal(Recommended)
- In front of password label, type the new password you want to choose for the Wi-Fi settings.
- Press the save button.
Reboot your device after saving the password.