TP-LINK is Chinese producer or manufacturer of computer networking products. The company’s notion was based on “twisted pair” link, which means a type of electromagnetic cabling; hence the company got its name “TP”.
- Wireless Routers
- Mobile Phones
- Range extenders
- Power banks
- Power line adaptors
- Print servers
- Media adaptors, and many more devices.
LATEST NEWS IN TP-LINK
TP-LINK on 7th January 2019 has launched its new series of AX products powered by Broadcom’s 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) chipsets. The AX generation product launch includes routers, mesh WiFi systems and range extenders. These products are designed to provide fast WiFi as fast as greased lightning and are able to handle intensive bandwidth loads easily, making it the ideal solution for users who have a number of WiFi devices all over their home. Broadcom Inc. is a leading provider of WiFi/Bluetooth chipsets and is a trailblazer in Wi-Fi 6 technology.
TP-Link’s new Archer AX6000 is a dual-band wireless router that has similar features as that of the Archer AX11000. This new router also includes a 2.5Gbps WAN port so that if the user has a high-speed broadband connection, but does not use it to play games, then this router might be the most suitable router for the user because it costs $100 (approximately 6954 rupees) less than the price of Archer AX11000.
SOME COMMON ISSUES OF TP-LINK FACED BY USERS
How to change the admin username and password of the TP-Link device?
To change the admin username and password of your TP-Link WiFi routers. Open webpage tplinkwifi.net or tplinkwifi net you can follow either of the two examples given below depending on your model type:
- Click on Advanced > System Tools > Administration and finish the settings in the Account Management section.
- Enter the old username and old password. Enter the new username and enter the new password twice (both the fields are case-sensitive). Click Save.
- Click on System Tools > Password on the left panel.
- You will be now prompted to change your login information. Click on Save.
- The system will redirect you back to the login screen. Enter the new username and password.
- Before proceeding with the above steps it is assumed that the user has already logged on into TP Link’s web management user interface
- This web management user interface varies from model to model
How can I know my actual Internet speed?
There are a variety of speed-test tools available online. You can try the most popular site: http://speedtest.net one drawback of this test is that it is Flash based and is not very accurate. For the more accurate test, you can go for HTML5 speed test like http://speedof.me.
I forgot my login password. How to recover it?
The default login credentials are both “admin”, until and unless you have changed. If you have changed it and cannot recall it then you need to reset your wireless router to factory default settings.
- When your devices is running, press and hold the Reset button present on the rear panel with a pin or straightened paper clip for approximately 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Reset button and wait for your router to reboot.
- Make sure that your router’s power is on before it reboots.
How do I log in to my TP-Link Router?
- Connect your WiFi router with the WiFi network.
- Launch the Web browser from your computer or laptop and enter the IP address: 168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1 depending on the type of your router. The address for entering the settings is indicated on the bottom of the router.
- You will be asked to enter the user name and password. The default is “admin” for both. In case you have changed these settings, then enter the new login credentials.
- Now you might have successfully logged in to your TP-Link router settings.